Tuesday, February 17, 2015

How to be a good co-worker

I've been thinking a lot lately about work and work with others. I work with a few co-workers but I have many partners I work with outside the organization. Sometime it can be draining to work with some many people. I've been focusing on the positives lately and I've noticed a few things that have changed how I work with others that has made a world of difference in my outlook at work. I also appreciate these things when others practice them with me!



1. Before asking a question or asking someone to complete a task, ask yourself if you can find the answer or complete the task yourself quicker. If the answer is yes, do it yourself.

2. Before making a task more efficient or cutting corners to save time, ask yourself if this means that someone else will need to work harder. If the answer is yes, take the time to complete the task correctly.

3. Treat everyone with kindness. Remember that everyone is fighting some sort of battle and give them the benefit of the doubt. It's easier to move on than it is to harbor any ill feelings.