Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Swed Adventure

After the trip to the Arboretum, we thought we'd sneak in one more museum day adventure. With about an hour left before close, we made it to the American Swedish Institute. A mix of historic and modern, you'll find yourself in the heart of Minneapolis at Turnblad Mansion. The museum is housed in a former Mansion that belongs to the Turnblad family, who generously donated the building to preserve Swedish heritage in Minnesota. The Museum also has an addition built recently in a modern Scandavian style. The whole museum is amazing. I enjoyed wandering around a cool mansion and imaging what it might have been to live in such a place. We decided it could be the focal point for the American version of Downton Abbey, appropriately called Turnblad Mansion. PBS, if your reading, call me if your interested. Other things I learned, my future house will require a solarium, a miniature ballroom, and a grand staircase. I highly recommend spending an afternoon at the ASI. Afterwords, I'd recommend getting a flavor of another culture by heading to Midtown Global Market for some food and shopping.




^Ugh, my future home NEEDS a | solarium! 



  



 ^ I am dying over this kitchen floor. I want so bad!

^Sassy Gnomes protecting the fireplace
^Also, a little bit of Norway too!